some people are like TVs, you get all you need to know from watching them...others are like books, you gotta work to know them and it takes time!

Thursday, April 24, 2008

The Great Unknown...or is it...

Yesterday was a day! My adviser didn't come to class, so I worked on perfecting my presentation for Race and Law...I received an "A" so I was pretty happy about that. After that I surfed Facebook for the rest of the day, I looked up for a little bit During Advanced Comp. to realize I have classes wiht some really silly people, this photographer took tons of pictures of her kids, and one shows her older daughter with brown lines all over her, and she doesn't have a shirt on(the girl is about four) and some idiot in the class yelled out, "OMG! Who took a picture of a little girl that just got molested by her daddy?" Can you beilieve that?? the title of the exhibition is Immediate Family, what mother would take pictures of her daughter and the father that molested her?? Sometimes I feel like I'm in the cradle of idiocy!!

But the day got better, I didn't have any stress after classes! I love White Castle, but being that I'm in GA...there aren't any, but there is KRYSTAL(a not so good cousin of White Castle) and Marrell was willing to take me to get a few sliders! They hit the spot! After that, Flyy on the wall, the Artist and Uppity Negro came over and we had a sort of study party. During the study party I finally registered for classes....on Fridays I only have class at 11 AM!!!! I'm so happy!! and I have pretty nice breaks between my Classes!!! Of course, Chaos-n-Motion has been wanting to take classes with us, so Uppity Negro called him and told hiim about our Econ and Religion classes, both of which are MW classes in the evening. Chaos-n-Motion tried to get us to change the classes to morning because he doesn't do evening classes...I personally wasn't havin it! Then he asked to speak to me, and said, "so, you are taking evening classes...what about organizational meetings??" Who cares...I'm not about to mess up a great schedule to cater to some organization! and the one that I'm the leader of will have meetings when I don't have classes!!

After the friends left, I went to my room and tried to sleep. Needless to say, sleep didn't come easy. I got up and put on some shoes and went outside into the cool night and tried to see the stars. A passerby asked me what I was looking for...I couldn't really articulate it...but I think my eyes were watching God...there was something there in the darkness that kept my attention and I couldn't really(didn't really want to) tear myself away right away.



"They seemed to be staring at the dark, but their eyes were watching God"- Zora Neale Hurston

0 comments: