some people are like TVs, you get all you need to know from watching them...others are like books, you gotta work to know them and it takes time!

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Reflections...

Hello WORLD!!! Today I talked with Momma, I love talking to that Crazy lady!! We of course talked about politics, my fav topic!! Anyway we were just talking about abortion and I realized that of all the people I know, Momma has the political ideals that are the most in line with my own. I think the only thing we disagree on is gay marriage, but that's because I'm an ultra liberal and she is just liberal. We have talked about legalizing prostitution, marijuana, and the use of school vouchers. I say legalize them both and regulate them, I really think that we need to allow things to come into the light to keep people healthy. I disagree completely with school vouchers because they take money away from public schools(read cash-strapped, struggling) and giving it to families to subsidized private schooling(both parochial and secular). I just don't understand the logic behind this: take money from the poor schools and give it to parents to put their children into private schools for better education, instead of improving the schools tax payers pay for?? also, what about families that still wouldn't be able to afford tuition if it was subsidized?? So, they have to pay for someone else's child to go to a school they can't take advantage of?? STUPID!!!

But I digress....

0 comments: