some people are like TVs, you get all you need to know from watching them...others are like books, you gotta work to know them and it takes time!

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Bitch, We in da Bayou!!

So I have been going through! I am in jeopardy of losing my scholarship, and having to transfer to the local university. This is disheartening because I will basically be starting over, this potential school doesn't offer a major or a minor in African American Studies...which is what I'm majoring in now. Also, I will be living at home...so there will be no more partying, no friends, and no girlfriend(since she just transferred to my current school's sister school next door). I am so hurt by this because this is the semester I worked my hardest since coming to college, and to suffer such a set-back is beyond depressing. I don't have money, and I don't know if I'll be continuing my education the way I planned...life could be so much worse, I'm sure, but it feels really shitty right about now.

On another note: My family is so FOS...So I've been spending time with my one of my BFFs...and both of them are girls. My family tries to make me feel guilty about the amount of time I spend with them. They have brought it up before...and I've spoken to Ms. (im)Perfection about it...she said that she is fine with the amount of time I spend with them...especially because I see her at school now and only see them for a week or two every few months. I have even gone so far as to make sure I am home by 10 PM every time I go out with the BFFs...this is even when Ms. (im)Perfection is at work and unavailable to hang out with me...IDK, is it excessive to spend almost all day with my female best friends when my girl is at work? I think of them as like my similarly aged siblings, and I am only interested in making things work with Ms. (im)Perfection right now...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You seem like a sweetheart! I'm sorry your scholarship got revoked and that you're going through all of this, but I'm sure you'll come out of this drama stronger and more determined. I'm sending positive vibes your way!

Bobby_2010 said...

Thanks Mistressmom!! I need all the positive vibes I can get! and I agree, I think I will come out stronger and more determined!