some people are like TVs, you get all you need to know from watching them...others are like books, you gotta work to know them and it takes time!

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Bear with me please, its been a little tough...



Y'all I don't even know what to say. I been enjoying work, it's been really cool. I really miss my people...even though I am LOVING Dc and the great people I have met! I must say, the Lord has really blessed me with the ability to gravitate toward people that want nothing but the best for me, Angie and Dria really look out for me...and they aren't judgmental, they just help me work thorugh issues and they do have their own opinions, but they never force them on me. They are very understanding and I am so glad to have met them! ;-P

So anyway, I'm supposed to have lunch/dinner with the congressman sometime this week, I'm pretty dang excited about it!! I really and truly like my office and I am so glad that I applied for this...I think everyone should have the opportunity to have an experience like this!! I am gonna have coffee with the Junior Senator from Missouri, Claire McCaskill, on Thursday! I have also seen almost the whole Missouri delegation to the US Congress, how many people can say that?

I am so sick of my whinny, bitchy roommate! I had a little get together last night, I did not invite him (we are not friends, why would I??) so he comes in with a crowd and says something about so i guess I'm not invited? clearly he had a party last week and I had no idea about it, so why would he need to know about mine? Then Dria brings up one of her friends and his tag-along(don't really know either of them, but its cool!) Mr. Bitch decides to whine, complain and slam the door as he leaves, and people keep coming over here uninvited and unsolicited, I don't get it...I don't know of these people...and don't desire their company...WTF? I just really don't like when people act creepy and weird, don't just walk into my room and look crazy...join in or get out, (I prefer the latter, but I'm not a complete asshole!)

Also, the only Full-time Black staffer in the DC office brought me a tv, a remote, and a cable to hook up the cable!! I love my people!! and this is the greatest part: HBO is one of the normal cable channels! I am in heaven now: in DC, TV, good food, good drank, and good people...the only thing missing is a fine lady to call my own!! Imma try to start blogging more regularly again..but i have been really tired lately, I'll do better...not everyday..but more often!

3 comments:

Lucky said...

Lawd have mercy! I think, no, I KNOW I want to live alone at some point in my life.

I hope your lunch w/the Congressman goes well! Network!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you've made some friends who have ur back!! I miss u too :) nice pic

Endangered Species said...

lol Mr. Bitch! I'll be laughin bout that one for a while! But on the positive side of things... I'm so glad you've had this opportunity! It inspires me!