some people are like TVs, you get all you need to know from watching them...others are like books, you gotta work to know them and it takes time!

Friday, June 6, 2008

Life, Life, Life...Sombody gave me life...

DC is so wonderful!! I am loving it more and more everyday...except for this high prices...but then again..you know I can adjust as soon as I start making a wage that allows me to live in this area. I am gonna try to go exploring this weekend, since all of the museums are free, there is no reason to just sit in this room all day!! I will, however, be going swimming before I do anything!! And y'all...I was so hurt...I lost my election as Democratic Caucus Chair...I swear these folks don't know what they are doing, the Minority Leader should be loud and outspoken the caucus chair should be quiet and studious, and the Whip should be charismatic and forceful. Our Leader is quiet and demure, she happens to be a member of AKA(weirdly, I like her...), the caucus chair is this very verbose, loud, young man, and the Whip is just what she should be(it doesn't hurt that she's from STL, and attending Howard). So we had elections last night, and then today we elected a Speaker of the House...I did not like any of the choices, and my nominee declined the nomination! so here we have three awful choices...and so I voted for the one that I thought would serve my interests as a Democrat the best, well...I was the only one that voted for her!! two folks abstained, and one voted for my roommate(a stereotypically nasty and slutty Kappa)...I would have voted for him, but he was looking at his shoes and covering his face whenever he had to speak...if he's doing that with us, how in the world can he be the face of our "House??" But I digress; the winner is this boy who never, ever shuts up...I like him and all, but I am in this to act like we are the minority and stop legislation, when its not to our liking. But it should be interesting..I'm trying to weasel my way into the fourth spot on the steering committee...no likely, but I'm trying!!!

I love my office...it is so amzing...and i realized that my congressman actually does do work in DC...i was looking at his schedule for the week...and DANG!!!! I don't see where this man has the time to breathe!!! He is like really in touch with the constituents as well: we draft the response letters, but he personally looks at all of the letters and makes corrections and suggestions...I love that he is involved in the process...and like everyone in my office, except for the congressman(63), the Chief of Staff(55) and the Senior Legislative Assistant(27) are under 25...it is so cool and so laid back...btu believe you me...we work....and we work hard!!! They actually sent us interns on a scavenger hunt around Capitol Hill!!! I swear I walked about 5 miles just trying to figure out where all this crap was at, but ti was fun...and since none of us finished...we all get to have dinner with the congressman...and he pays for it!!!

All in all, this first week was good and exciting...but tiring...I never realized how hard it is to work a full-time job and try to work out and other stuff...But I know now...I really don't see how I managed to work two jobs that summer before Freshman YR, and still go out with the homies...crazy!!! Oh, before I go...I have this new found love of Trader Joe's...but that ish is EXPENSIVE!!!



Just like a birdie
I just wanna fly free
And own a piece of land
Somewhere, somewhere off in the country
Oh, oh yeah, listen

Temperature's like a hundred degrees
Like I got chains on me
Blackmail and a family of three
Been right on my destiny
Rake it out fly way
Cuz it's too much for the man
Shouldn'ta gone down this way
What happened to my master plan
Cuz I can't figure out
I coulda been a love child
Shouldn'ta gone down this way
Tell me, how did I get life?

[1] - Life, life
Life, life
Life, life
Life, life

Oh, somebody done done me wrong (Done me wrong)
My eyes to the ceiling all night long (All night long)
Time is slippin' away from me (Away from me)
And it ain't no tellin' when I get home
I gotta get home, yeah

Just about to see the dollar sign,
thats close to a piece of mind
and everything was about to be fine
So tell me, so how'd I get life?

[Repeat 1]

Everything that I hoped for is gone now
Buried in the ground
Hopes and dreams and all those things
I'll never see, said I'll never see
(Somebody gave me life)

[Repeat 1 until fade]

3 comments:

Lucky said...

I love Trader Joe's...esp these potato chips they have that are just BANGIN' (2 times lol). And tell me/us more about the slutty roommate! I could make SO many jokes, but I will not.

Bobby_2010 said...

I will later, off to the White House now!!

Lucky said...

I bet you just love saying that