some people are like TVs, you get all you need to know from watching them...others are like books, you gotta work to know them and it takes time!

Friday, January 23, 2009

Aaaahhhh the Memories...

Yesterday was awesome! We (Lucky-in-life, Upward Mobility, and Psych Ward, and I) were sitting in my dorm room just talking and some how, we started to reminisce about the joys of being a child

-like when you watched Face on Nick, Jr.
- Leon on the Puzzle Place, why give the black guy such a black-sounding name?? I loved it though!
-Alegra's Window, Gullah Gullah Island, Eureka's Castle, Barney, C-bear and Jamal, and countless others
-Geography
-Becoming the geniuses we are now, better let your (future) children read encyclopedias, then they might one day get our level...lol
-Those WONDERFUL books from childhood: Corduroy, Peter Rabbit,Where the Wild Things Are, and countless others
-My favorite books from childhood were often in Spanish, since I went to Spanish Magnets for most of my elementary education, but here's some of the English ones: Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs, Kat Kong, Dogzilla, Ralph S. Mouse: The Mouse and the Motorcycle...and especially Romona Quimby, Age 8
-Then laughing at the drama that seemed so large in high school, and now it makes you laugh because those would be great problems to have right now!
-reflecting on how it is still asking a lot to have to write a paper over a page...5 pages is still a daunting task...and I'm trying to go to law school...I need to get over this!!
-It's also so weird that after this year...I won't know anyone at my old schools...isn't that crazy?? I have known folks the graduating class of 2000...now I won't know any AT ALL...WILD!!!

(Contented sigh) to Be able to go back for just a day with this knowledge intact...how odd things would be!

2 comments:

Lucky said...

I haven't forgotten about your interview, it's coming, I just want to think of quality questions!

Anonymous said...

Beverly Cleary was one of my favorites! I loved the Henry and Ribsy books.