some people are like TVs, you get all you need to know from watching them...others are like books, you gotta work to know them and it takes time!

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Is This the End of It Already?

I recently told you guys about the troubles I'm having with my education. Well, Today I was informed that i did indeed have my scholarship revoked. I am not sure why it took so long for them to inform me of this decision. I mean, the semester ended about a month ago, and now it's a week before school there starts(Wednesday), and a few days before classes start at the potential school(Monday). The man that informed me told me I have until Friday to send in my appeal, I sent one in in December, but I guess they can't be bothered to retrieve the appeal I sent in previously...I guess I'll go send it in again right now.

I am so upset about this because I will not be able to continue my education as an African American Studies Major, and I also will have to tack on at least another semester to my undergrad career because most of my credits won't transfer to my new school as I will now be a History major Pre-MAE...and I haven't really concentrated in history at my current/former school. I am sad to say this, but I feel an odd sense of relief now that I have at least gotten an answer, but then again I'm slightly depressed att he same time...but it's really about having to change things prematurely...btu it must be noted...I DID NOT get kicked out of school, I am still in good standing, I just can't afford to get this education at this school that costs 34000 dollars per year...I mean I can't even get the loans to cover it.

I told some of my friends at school, but Chaos-in-Motion wore me out. I told him and he said that I can't leave because he doesn't want things to change. I thinks it's crazy how he can only see how this thing affects him. He said it's only money, and that this thing is bigger than money. He also said it's about more than education...but not for 34000 dollars per year. at this pint, it's all about making it to law school...fuck everything else...I love my friends, but I gotta go and do what I gotta do. I had a fun 2.5 yrs there, but there are bigger fish to fry(LSAT, LAW SCHOOL, and eventually this PhD). Pray for me...as I move down this new path in the wilderness.

This is what it's all about the the road to manhood, the road less traveled!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't *know* very much, but I'm pretty sure the road less traveled is the way to go. Mediocrity and the status quo really blow.

Lucky said...

:( :( :(

maybe you were only meant to go for 2.5 years, but maybe not

I refuse to believe this is the end of the road...keep updating us!

Arielle said...

Send me an email to arielleblogs@gmail.com so I can send you your interview questions!