some people are like TVs, you get all you need to know from watching them...others are like books, you gotta work to know them and it takes time!

Friday, May 16, 2008

Is it Friday already??

I cannot believe its Friday already! I didn't do anything today!!! I talked to Upward Mobility today, and of course he helped work through some of my issues I've had lately with one of the besties!! I also had a photo shoot with Helly-Belly, the photos will be posted below, I ate a Double Cheeseburger, and some Strawberry Ice Cream. I also tried once again to get Marrell to start a blog, I tried the "all the cool kids are doing it" approach, needless to say he rebuffed me immediately!! ;-P I am still slightly depressed about this friggin' "C," and Gram did something unprecedented: she actually applied some pressure on me to decide upon a career...as you can imagine, I was appalled!! Other than that...I restarted the 7th Harry Potter Book, The Deathly Hollows, I just couldn't resist it...so at this point I'm reading 3 books at once...too bad I can't do this with my textbooks...lol...but not really, it's kinda sad!!! I'm feeling a little melancholy, but I hope to get over it tonight...and be good to go tomorrow. OH, two of my cousins graduate on Wednesday...isn't that the trashiest..and they graduate at the same time. This happened when I graduated too, I graduated at one end of the city and my cousin, Lee, graduated at the other end!! How rude...why don't these schools consult us before the file for these graduation dates and times???(asking a lot, right??)




A Friday Gift From Me To You
by
Mark Kernan

Here's a little friendship gift, I wish to offer you,
It's words, so carefully chosen, to prove my feelings true.
Of all the beings, in this world, - six billion I believe, or so,
You are the one selected to reap what these words sow.

For every day that I've known you,
Richer I've become.
In thoughts, in deeds, and in visions of things yet to come.
Day and night you're on my mind,
And in my heart as well.
You and I - friends forever - time will surely tell.

The pain you feel, so deep within, is that, I hope to lift,
When today, you, my very special friend, receive this Friday gift.
For all your pain and suffering, God will take you in,
If you just remember, "You're on cloud nine headed for ten".

1 comments:

K said...

I love that poem. Im gonna use that on AIM to send a shout out to all of my friends.