some people are like TVs, you get all you need to know from watching them...others are like books, you gotta work to know them and it takes time!

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Lord Has Been Kind...and Soooo Wonderful!!

Today was crazy y'all!! I got up at the butt crack of dawn and went to the Capitol. We were toured by an intern from the Hon. Eleanor Holmes Norton's office(she is the non-voting delegate from DC), if you haven't seen it you need too!! and all of this stuff is free!! My legs and feet are aching so bad, we were walking for hours!! and I walked more than most other people, I woke up early and thought i was late and went to the Capitol an hour and a half early...so I just had to walk around for the time until the rest of the interns came over.

I was on the verge of a nervous breakdown today y'all, I had no money!! I didn't even have money to pay my fare back to the room from Capitol Hill!! But I called on the family and as usual, they came through BIG TIME!!! They gave me their last just so that i could make it for the rest of the week!! OMG!!! What would I do without these people who love me??? I would definitely perish, or maybe I would just learn to make due without things(I'm gonna go with perishing, but one never knows until one is in the situation). Any way, they put money in my account, which allowed me to continue with the travel associated with the internship orientation!! I, of course, got lost once again trying to get to the lunch from the National Museum of African Art! I went the wrong way on the train and arrived 30 minutes late...y'all...this can't happen again!! and tomorrow it won't; we don't have to be anywhere until 12:00 PM!!! I will sleep until 9!!! YAY!!!

and I did what I have been dying to do ever since the sun began to warm our part of the earth in March: SWIMMMMMMIIIINNNNGGGG!!!!(read with Oprah's Voice) It was wonderful!! and it felt good on my aching legs and feet. But I did realize, i can't swim!! I will re-learn this summer. I found out by jumping into the twelve feet deep end and being terrified!! I scrambled to the surface and clung to the wall until I reached the 5 ft. section...lol but I will be able to jump into the deepest part and not wig out by July 26, 2008. I am also trying to do some kind of exercise daily. Does swimming count as cardio??? I'm going to lift today, after a nice 20 min cardio session!! and then I will finish my work out with another 20 minute cool down cardio session...see Lucky-in-life?? I can take advice too!!! incorporating cardio into my workout!! and I have been doing good!! I haven't been eating the fast food folks have been offering!! I am really trying to be good!! i even wake up and eat breakfast(which I despise, by the time lunch comes, I am beyond ravenous...I feel as though my stomach is eating itself!! and I did it again today y'all, I went and talked with a group of practical strangers!!! i am trying to build some sort of relationship with folks other than my roommate, but I really hate trying to get to know new people, especiall college students...all of these folks are party animals, and that is definitely not me...but, I digress. But I am working to improve myself...I of course cracked folks up today, folks were asking where I was, btu the were asking me...let me explain: I came to DC with a mini afro, I met them with that hair...now I am practically bald!! and they were like oh, did we leave the bo with the fro and the glasses??(I had on contacts) I was like no, I'm here. They all like dang!! Forreal??? I said "Yeah(sounding like Karla), I do it for dramatic effect..." and then everyone just started crackin' up!!

But anyway, read the poem, comment, update your blog, and head on over to going down in flames...I updated it yesterday and am about to do so again before I go work out.

Family

© Antony Smith
Family is, heaven sent from our father above, bonded by the power of love.
No matter what family has each others back,
when push comes to shove.
Family is, understanding, never demanding, all for one and one for all, I will never leave you alone standing.
Family is, one in itself, my love is your love, your pain is my pain, my wealth is your
wealth, I promise to never leave you by yourself.
Family is, the strongest team, the strongest unit; if love could be visualized, family
would be the blue print.
Family is, forgiveness and patience, it's sweeter than the sweetest fragrance, the
power of family is a reflection of Gods compassion and magnificence.
Family is, never turning our back, and never shames, lend my helping hand and not a finger pointing the blame.
No matter what a family bond can never be broken, even through a nuclear explosion,
if one of us lives we all live. Forever to eternity, we are family, my father, my mother,
my sisters and me.

Antony-Tyrone Smith
AKA
Pen Dragon

0 comments: