some people are like TVs, you get all you need to know from watching them...others are like books, you gotta work to know them and it takes time!

Monday, May 5, 2008

Outlandish, to Say the Least!

Today got off to a really random start. I awoke to the muted sound of my alarm(it was in my pocket), then went back to bed and had a really crazy dream(I'll tell you in person if you need to know), which ended abruptly when maintenance workers from the 10th Circle of Dante's Inferno(BKA Heritage Commons) beat on my door so they could "treat" the mold that I reported in August...I know, ridiculous! I decided it was time to get up and study a little more for this Race and Law final. I did some reading, and then got up got dressed and went to Wheeler hall to do some more light studying. I think that I killed that final for the most part, I hope so anyway! Before I got away from the 10th Circle, Feminist Theory sent me a text message about some horrible blog...I finally checked it about 30 mins ago...I was ashamed of the content...it goes against all I stand for: Why would we want to tear our Black brothers and sisters down?? Anyway...I'm about to finish studying for this History exam...and then go to the grocery store and purchase some vittles!! Read the poem...it explains the horrid blog... but it explains my life this semester!


Outlandish
 
 Bizarre world, weird life
Outlandish people, eccentric minds

We reverie about the future
Live in the present
But still miss the past

We recall the blissful days
Those memorable moments
That we enjoyed a lot
And shed tears

We recollect those silly things
Those awkward situations
When we were nearly in tears
And have a hearty laugh

Isn’t the world bizarre? 
Isn’t life weird? 
Aren’t the people outlandish? 
Isn’t their minds eccentric? 

Kavitha Krishnamurthy
 

1 comments:

Lucky said...

I like this poem...simple, yet effective.