some people are like TVs, you get all you need to know from watching them...others are like books, you gotta work to know them and it takes time!

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Come Again...

So, I went to the cookout, and yes...I got real ignant with that food. I took whole trays of food I took cases of pop (I hate Pepsi, but I took that shit to prove a point). Why the fuck did this inept dude act like he was lookin out for us as wee took food?? talkin about yeah, take it all...I mean y'all know I can't let y'all go hungry. OMG...give me a FUCKING break!! So yesterday felt sort like Thanksgiving...all i did all day was lounge and eat...and I mean I ate...ALL Damn DAY!!! lol oh, yeah...i had some vodka too...which is always fun when its flavored like sour apple!!!

so today...I didn't do a damn thing, I again lounged and ate...it was amazing...but then again...this is why I'm fat now. But I digress...

My buddy decided to cook dinner today...so I still haven't had to use my last two pieces of Tilapia, and that fish is gonna be good!! But enough about food...I do think about other things, even if it doesn't seem like it. Last night I hung out with Precious, Dria da Diva(for a very short time) Wierdo #1, and Angie D: AMAZING!! we watched Soul Food and Terms of Endearment...these movies have such a different meaning from when i first saw them...I really think everyone must see Terms of Endearment...it is a chick flick....but it is necessary! I also had the pleasure to see this movie i watched everyday for a month when i was in like 4th grade, Jack the Bear. This movie was crazy to me when I was younger, btu now that I'm an adult...this shit is even CRAZIER, and I understand why its crazy now!! This movie is about Murphy's law in reality...everything that could go wrong to this family did...from death, kidnapping, unemployment, trauma, revenge...I mean you name it...it happened...but it did work out in the end...it kinda made me wanna go see Radio Flyer. Radio Flyer is about this kid that gets abused, and somehow the older brother doesn't get abused...they decide to turn a wagon into a plane...the younger brother escapes. I looked it up on Wikipedia.org, and I was surprised by the meanings folks got form the movie: some think that the younger brother died at lift-off, or maybe the flight was a metaphor for suicide, or that the step-father beat him to death and his big brother suppressed the memory and changed it so that he wouldn't have to deal with it. Another, even more disturbing thought is that there really was no younger brother, but that the
older" brother created the younger brother to deal with his own abuse...this is some craziness..but it would explain why only the younger brother was abused...I cannot for the life of me understand why I used to watch this movie...it makes me sad to think that kids actually go through that sort of thing. food for thought...

On a lighter note, Malpractice is coming down to DC this weekend...and I'm going to NYC on FRIDAY!!! I can't wait...there will be pics..don't worry!! and I will most certainly be out of it this weekend!

1 comments:

Princess Pointful said...

It is funny when you realize that all these movies and books from your childhood that you just took at face value are actually symbolic for something deeper.