some people are like TVs, you get all you need to know from watching them...others are like books, you gotta work to know them and it takes time!

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

You right, he don't...

Today was a great day...after all of the bullshit (MC called me and told me I had lost my scholarship...Yeah, fuckin' RIGHT!!) I got it taken care of though. I proceeded to tell them that they had my GPA listed wrong. They said, oh, sorry wrong person. I can't understand this stuff...why don't we already know this stuff? I mean what kind of crap is this? The deadline to sign up for a payment plan was June 1st, but they are just now working on the financial aid notifications for returning students...I love my school...but I swear there are some incompetent and incapable people running shit there!

I am so glad we only have four-day week this week..I need to rest! I just need to sleep in until like one...and for some reason, I can only do that on weekdays...IDK, I'm weird!!

So, last night I had chicken and waffles, that is for you Girl with the Open Mind! I love this waffle iron...it is AMAZING!! And I have revamped the blogroll...I had to get new reading material..some that actually fit with mine...and peaked my interest. And to Lucky-in-Life: I think I'm addicted now! I think about it all day...and i can't wait to start my Blogroll...lol...

I gave a tour today, it was pretty cool..I liked half the group and I had a great convo with the mom, she's an elementary school teacher from Lee's Summit. We talked about the state of the KCMSD...a sore spot in my life: my lil' sis is still going to school in that wretched excuse for a school district. I won't go there right now, but her passion made me think of one of my BFFs, she's gonna be an Elementary teacher...I'm so proud of her!! I am secretly harboring my own desires to study education policy(SSSHHHH!!! its a secret) I know, my friends and family would tell me to shut up b/c I don't know what I wanna do...but I do know...I just wanna do everything...btu hey, it'll be one hell of a Journey!

So, today BossLady gave me back the bill we drafted for CIA, she was very helpful...now don't get me wrong, she pointed out the flaws...but...she did something we all should think of doing when we point out flaws, she offered solutions and ways to improve the bill. I am pleased with the bill, and I understand the changes she suggested, so we'll revamp it, and we'll rework what needs to be reworked..and it will be indestructible(but not really, we still have a mark-up to go through).

Talked to Feminist Theory yesterday; I was glad to hear her voice. I worry about her sometimes, but then again, I worry about everyone. I am just a ball of paradoxes(is this the right word?): I am ready to go home, bu then again I am so enjoying DC; I am ready for school to start, but I am not looking forward to classes starting; I miss my friends at home and from school, but I know that I will be tired of everyone really fast...I love my job, but i get so spacey(??)...anyway...i'll be back later..onto the blogroll...

BUT FIRST: What do you think of the following quote?
"If we accept and acquiesce in the face of discrimination, we accept the responsibility ourselves and allow those responsible to salve their conscience by believing that they have our acceptance and concurrence. We should, therefore, protest openly everything . . . that smacks of discrimination or slander."
-- Mary McCleod Bethune (1944)


I makes me wanna go out and become a militant, but then again...Big Brother already wiretaps...what would stop them from just silencing me...yes...I said it...I don't trust the government...and I think Kanye was RIGHT...I don't give a damn what anyone else thinks about it...Kanye was right!

2 comments:

Lucky said...

LOL you better tell MC not to play...I really liked this post, btw. Don't ask me why, but I especially enjoyed it.

Endangered Species said...

Kanye left out a bit of info. That joke in office cares less about our people than others, but best believe... he hates everyone's fuckin guts!!