some people are like TVs, you get all you need to know from watching them...others are like books, you gotta work to know them and it takes time!

Thursday, July 24, 2008

I didn't think it would be like this...

So...today is my last day in DC. It's bittersweet: I am so glad to be seeing my fave cousin and eventually the rest of my family; but I am sad to leave behind the new friends I have made. I know that the program wasn't that long but there were great times! Great laughs! When i first got here I didn't even want to hang out with anyone, but I mean I am human, and i need to talk to someone every now and then. I am sitting at work and the office is really slow right now. The other interns aren't in the office, most staffers aren't in either. But I did have a great day! Bosslady took me to this great eating establishment and had a nice chat, I'll miss her...she's the first liberal catholic I have ever met...who actually claims the title! Southern Charm came and talked to me about keeping kosher...I swear she and Bosslady are like walking encyclopedias!! Quiet Strength is in Korea for an exchange program...so I didn't get to say bye to her, :(. Sassy Lady was a life-saver during this program! I mean could you really imagine me without tv for 9 weeks?? I think not! and then she waited for me this morning as I carried my luggage from floor 8 to floor 1!! Jenn: CRAZY as all ge tout..but then again she always was one my favorites!! And Christina...she be on her jo...but she knows how to have a laugh as well. Sam is just a nut!! and Leslie is just the nicest person...I mean I had heard nightmare stories about COSs but she was really cool!! and they were as excited about my bill passing in our mock congress as I was! I am not even gonna start on the friends made outside the office...there are just too many memories...I'll share some later, once I get to Chicago..or maybe back home(I'm not Sure Fave Cousin has the interwebs).

I really hate the endings of things...I think is probably the only conservative thing in my whole persona...why do things end?? but then of course once I'm gone, the ending doesn't seem so bad. I am gonna look back on this and see it as a lesson surely to be learned from!

I'm out for now...we'll see about bloggin in the airport...I'm nto about to pay for internet access...OMG..I have to sit in Hartsfield-Jackson ATL International Airport for two hours...I hope I am able to stay awake...I swear in the last 72 hours..I have had maybe a total of 9 hours of sleep..I can't wait to get on this plane...I'm gonna be knocked out!! and I'll catch everyone up on the goings on of the last week or two...really...this time I'm out!

1 comments:

Lucky said...

Wait, why are you going to ATL? I'm confused.

And how are we feeling about CNN's "Black in America"? I enjoyed it. Staggering stats, though.